- Our Products
- SBR Latex
Providing you the best range of shalisbr latex with effective & timely delivery.
Product Price: Rs 365 / KgGet Best Price
ShaliSBR Latex is a carboxylated styrene butadiene copolymer latex for integral adhesive for slurry bond coats, mortars and concrete to improve strength and Chemical resistance.
|Specific Gravity||1.01 +- 0.05|
|Shelf Life||12 Months in original unopened sealed condition|
|Storage||Keep in cool and dry place, under shed, away from heat|
|Packaging||5 L Drum|
|Physical Appearance||Milky white liquid|
|Solid Content||40 + 2%|
|Shear Adhesion||9.0 +- 0.2 Mpa|
|Cement Cement Slurry||50 Kg|
|Cement Mortar||50 Kg|
|Sand zone II Mortar||125 kg|
|Water Cement Slurry||11.5 L|
|ShaliSBR Latex Cement Slurry||8 - 10 L|
|ShaliSBR Latex Mortar||7 - 10 L|
|Wate Mortar||8 - 10 L|
ShaliSBR Latex meets ASTM C 1059-86, Type II
- Toppings, patches and leveling concrete surfaces
- Modifying / improving bonding of floor toppings, rendering and mortars
- Repair of worn / damaged / spalled concrete and cracks
- Thin sets, terrazzo, stucco and bonding slurries
- General reconstruction work and latex modified overlays
- Bridge decks, highways and parking area.
- Easy to use
- Excellent bond to concrete adhesion plaster, masonry, stone work etc
- Facilitates dense, impermeable, mortar for column & beam repairs
- Reduces rate of corrosion while applied on steel bars
- Reduces cracking through increased mortar flexural strength
- Increases mortar wear resistance under rubber wheeled traffic
- Increases mortar tensile strength
- Increases durability during freeze / thaw cycles
- Withstands chloride ion diffusion & sulphate / CO2 attack due to marine or industrial weather.
- If ShaliSBR Latex is used as a slurry bond coat, ensure that concrete is 3 days old
- Do not place slurry coat on standing water
- Ensure that the concrete is clean and rough. Remove all oil, dirt, debris, paint and unsound concrete
- The surface must be prepared mechanically using a scabbler, bush hammer, shot blast or scarifier which will give a surface profile of a minimum 3 mm and expose the large aggregate of the concrete
- Use vacuum cleaner or pressure washing to ensure thorough cleaning and removal of all residue
- Ensure all concrete possess an open surface texture with all curing compounds and sealers removed
- Pre-wet all areas to reduce moisture loss.
- For small quantity, mix with a drill and "jiffy" mixer
- For large quantity use drill machine fitted with paddle or small mixer machine
- Add the appropriate quantity of ShaliSBR Latex for the batch size consisting of powder / sand / coarse aggregate and cement and mix till the required consistency is achieved
- If using ShaliSBR Latex with a pre-packaged product, reduce the amount of water added to compensate for the latex addition.
Application of Material:
- Prime all prepared surface areas with a slurry coat before applying the topping.
- Bond Coating Application: Spread the slurry with a stiff bristle broom until the suggested coverage rate is achieved.
- For patching, spread with a trowel, come-a-long, or a square tipped shovel to a thickness that matches the surrounding concrete. Finish by hand trowelling.
- On large floor areas, use screed strips as guides in combination with vibratory screeding to level. Compact and finish by hand or machine trowel.
- In case of bonding toppings with ShaliSBR Latex, use slurry coat instead of ShaliSBR Latex itself as a primer.
Structural repairs for columns and beams:
- Use polymer mortar admix with ShaliSBR Latex to build up the spalled areas of the cover zone concrete.
- Finish the repair material to the desired texture. Typical texture is a broom or sponge float finish. Do not add additional water to the surface during the finishing operation.
- Ensure proper curing for durability and quality of repair or over layment. To prevent surface cracking, keep surface moist for at least 72 hours
Get Best QuoteRequest A Callback