Bituminous Caulking Compound
Offering you a complete choice of products which include tarplastic bituminous caulking compound.
TarPlastic Bituminous Caulking Compound
Product Price: Rs 220 / KgGet Best Price
TarPlastic is a cold applied bituminous caulking compound in form of putty for hole / gap / crack sealing of concrete / asbestos / corrugated / galvalised sheet.
|Chemical Resistance||Resistant to dilute acid / alkalis|
|Color||Black / Silver|
|Shelf Life||12 months in original unopened sealed condition|
|Storage||Keep in cool and dry place, in air tight container, under shed, away from heat.|
|Penetration (Cone, @ 25 Degree C, 200 grm, 5 sec) Before Setting||10 mm|
|Penetration (Cone, @ 25 Degree C, 200 grm, 5 sec) Before Setting After Setting||8 mm|
|Flash Point||> 150 Degree C|
|Solvent Resistance||Will Not Resist|
|Service Temperature||- 5 to + 70 Degree C|
TarPlastic remains plastic for a considerable length of time.
It conforms to the requirement of IS : 1580 – 1991
- Locomotive engine roof joints / pantograph edges
- It is ideal for use in situation where certain degree of expansion, contraction and vibration is expected, like around “J” Hooks used for fixing Asbestos / GI sheets / fixtures like horns, headlights etc.
- It can also be used for caulking various types of roofs and masonry walls, including
- Fully plugging gaps in tiles caused by sagging of battens or otherwise in case of tiled roofs
- Filling minor cracks / gaps in terraced roofs or other locations.
- Cold applied and ready to use DIY product
- Can accommodate a good degree of expansion, contraction and vibration
- Remains plastic for a considerable time
- Does not creep or flow when applied on vertical or sloping surfaces
- Gives water tight repair
- Remains plastic for a considerable time and, therefore, can accommodate a good degree of expansion, contraction and vibration.
- Overlapping Joints in Asbestos / GI Sheets/ metal joints - Cleaning with wire brush, Followed by coat of ShaliTex® Primer & then application of TarPlastic® into the overlapping joints with knife and spatula
- Leaking “J” Hooks – Apply TarPlastic® on “J” Hooks covering top of the holding bolts
- Minor cracks / gaps in terraced roofs – Widen the crack in V section, Clean with wire brush, Apply ShaliTex® Primer & Press TarPlastic® into crack by hand or trowel
- Gaps in Tiles – Fully plugging Gaps in tiles due to sagging of battens or any other reason
Health & Safety:
- Avoid contact with skin / eyes and avoid swallowing
- Ensure adequate ventilation and avoid inhalation of vapour
- Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection
- In case of skin contact, rinse with plenty of clean water, then cleanse with soap and water. Do not use solvent to clean the contacted area
- In case of eye contact, wash with plenty of clean water and seek medical advice.
- If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately. Do not induce vomiting
Packing: Available in 1 kg, 4 kg, 20 kg and 200 kg container
Get Best QuoteRequest Callback